Build a snow cave
Also known as
How to do this
- Find a big snowdrift.
- Make an entrance on the side of the drift where the wind is not blowing.
- Have the entrance to be built lower than where you lie.
- Build burrow into the drift so that the main area of the cave is 1 foot higher than the ground of the entrance, creating a heat trap.
- Get a stick and make a ventilation in the roof.
- Dig small grooves for moisture to go away.
- Put out a flag, or other visible objects so people know someone is in there and to train for a future scenario where you need rescuing. A sign can also prevent the snow bulldozer to bulldoze your hideout.
- Close the entrance with a door of snow to block out the wind.