Also known as acky, block, whip
Capture the other players by spying.
How to prepare this
- A landmark such as a tree or lamppost is chosen as the base.
How to do this
- A player is chosen to be "it" and the rest run and hide while "it" counts to 40.
- "It" looks for the others, while they try to get to base without being seen.
- If a player gets to base without being seen, they shout "forty forty I'm free" and are then safe, waiting at base for the remainder of the game.
- In order to catch someone, "it" must see the person, run back, touch the base and say "forty forty I see [name]". If the "seen" player is behind or in an object, it must be specified; eg. "forty forty I see [name] behind that tree" while pointing at it.
- Players that are caught by "it" return to base.
- The last or first person to be caught by the end of the game is "it" in the next game.
- In some variants, a player reaching base can say "Release, one, two, three" or a similar to release one or all captured players. If the last player reaches the base without being seen, they can chant a variant of "Forty-forty, one, two, three, all saved", and all the players are freed.