Huckle Buckle Beanstalk
Also known as Hide the Object, Hide the Key, Hot Buttered Beans, Hunt the Thimble, Hide the Thimble, Hide the Handkerchief
Find an object hidden by someone else
How to do this
- One person is selected to be "it". The rest of the group are the seekers.
- The seekers must cover their eyes and ears or leave the designated game area while the hider hides a small, pre-selected object.
- When the hider says to come and find it, or after the seekers have counted to a specific number, usually sixty or one-hundred, the seekers come out and attempt to be the first to find the object.
- When a seeker has the object in hand, he can alert the other players of his success by yelling "huckle buckle beanstalk!"
- A variation of the game has the person who finds the object, continue by pretending to look for the object and then call out "Huckle Buckle Bean Stalk" to draw the other seekers attention away from the objects location. As the other seekers find the object, they perform the same deception until all the seekers have found the object.