Create a paper mache sculpture
Also known as
No more videos.
How to prepare this
- Gather stuff to use as a form or skeleton. Crumbled up news papers, junk, wood, plastic parts, baloons can be used.
- Create the paper mache paste or buy some ready for use. To create the paste you may use wallpaper paste, starch or glue.
- Find out what you want to sculpture. To create a human sculpture you may layer body part agter body part. When it has stiffened you may use a scissor to remove the paper from the body. Use more paper mache or tape to create the sculpture.
How to do this
- Create strips from news papers. Create both wide and thin. Use the thin ones for detailed and curved areas.
- Create the skeleton and make paddings so you need less paperstrips.
- Begin adding layers of paper by first dipping it in the paper meshe.
- Finish the job by painting the model.