Also known as Pass the Message, Chinese whispers, Grapevine, Broken Telephone, Whisper Down the Lane, Gossip
Each player successively whispers what that player believes he or she heard to the next.
How to prepare this
- As many players as possible line up such that they can whisper to their immediate neighbours but not hear any players farther away.
- You may have one group or divide into two teams.
How to do this
- The player at the beginning of the line thinks of a phrase, and whispers it as quietly as possible to his or her neighbor.
- The neighbor then passes on the message to the next player to the best of his or her ability.
- The passing continues in this fashion until it reaches the player at the end of the line, who calls out the message he or she received.