Color-Stain the Walls
Also known as
Paint your walls as part of a home makeover
No more videos.
Can make your home more attractive as well as more pleasurable to live in
How to decide if this is something for you
You should have a creative mind with passion for arts, designs and colors
How to prepare this
- Plan the color of your walls.
- Purchase the paints and medium for painting.
How to do this
- Wear a dust mask, sand the walls and vacuum the dust.
- Mask off the walls to protect the floors from the stain.
- Mix glazing medium and white latex paint using 3 parts glazing medium and 1 part paint. Test the mixture on a scrap of wood to be sure it's your liking. You do not want the wood to look painted; you want to see the wood grain. Add more paint if you'd like a more opaque look, more glazing medium if you'd like more transparency. If the mixture seems too thick, add 1 - 2 teaspoons of water to thin.
- Apply the glazing mixture with a bristle brush, brushing it evenly over the surface. Working one board or panel at a time, complete an entire board or panel; then move on to the next. Rub with a soft rag or a moist sponge to smooth out the color. Remove tape. Allow to try.
Staining the walls of your new or old house; inside and out.
Stuff needed to do this
- Dust mask
- Drop Cloth
- Masking Tape
- Bristle Brush
- Cellulose Sponge
- Latex wall paint
- Neutral glazing medium