Also known as thumb wrestling
a children's game played by two players in a tournament called a thumb war using the thumbs to simulate fighting.
Next random activity
No more videos.
How to do this
- Players face each other and each holds out their left hand or right hand in a "thumbs up" and link hands in a monkey grip.
- The game is typically initiated with both the players uttering the rhyme "One, two, three, four, I declare a thumb war". The rhyme is sometimes extended with "Five, six, seven, eight, try to keep your thumb straight."
- Gameplay has several tactics such as "playing possum", aiming for the knuckle rather than the nail for a pin, going for a quick strike, and waiting for one's opponent to tire.
- Variations include making the thumbs "bow", "kiss", or both before start.
- The game is won when one of the players manage to pin the other players thumb down for 2 seconds.